2018 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 29 | Internal Revenue Service
Outline n short:
- The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on Jan. 29,
- tax deadline will be April 17 this year
- The IRS anticipates issuing more than nine out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days,
- IRS expects the earliest *EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2018,
- if those taxpayers chose *direct deposit and there are no other issues...
- This additional period is due to several factors, including banking and financial systems needing time to process